1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 3, 2017 5:59 PM by Sue Garibaldi

Selection tool, copy layers?

Franco-uno

Hi there,

I'm new with Adobe draw on my iPAD pro - I really love to work with it, but what's about selecting parts of a painting or copiing layers? I miss this functionality - do I need to export to AI/Desktop?

I highly appreciate answers,

Best regards,

Frank

• 1. Re: Selection tool, copy layers?
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Franco.

In order to select/move/resize content, it's necessary to go into the Layers menu. Here's how to do that:

Tap on the layer with the art that you want to rotate/move/resize.

Once it's outlined in orange, tap it again to open the Layers menu.

Then tap on Transform (it has a  four-way arrow icon) to put the app in "transform mode," then you can rotate, move, and scale anything in that layer.

When you have it the way you want, tap Done.

You can duplicate layers but currently that duplicate layer can only be used in the same drawing. To place the content of one drawing into a different drawing, you'd have to bring it in as an image to an Image Layer (it will not be editable). To do that:

In an open drawing tap the Share icon (square with an arrow) in the upper nav.

From the menu that opens choose Clipboard.

Open/create a canvas to paste it into.

Create an Image Layer and from the menu that opens choose Paste Image.

I don't know if that's what you wanted to be able to do, but let me know if you have additional questions. You can also reach me through the in-app feedback (tap Settings in the lower nav then Send Feedback).

Sue.

1 person found this helpful