• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make text appear when hovering mouse above picture (Muse)

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem quite similar to this one:

Re: how do you have a second picture appear when you rollover the first one

Except that I want to make text appear instead of a new image. The only way I can figure out, to do this, is by converting some text into an image file and using that - but then the text can't easily be changed afterwards. Furthermore, this means I cannot make a hyperlink from some part of the text.

Does anyone in hear know how to do this in a more effective way?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Use a "States" button to achieve this in a very simple way. All elements within a states button are triggered, when the states button itself is "touched" (hovered, clicked) by your mouse:

• Place an image into the button.

• Place a text object into the button too and assign "Opacity: 0 %" to it in normal state.

• Now go to mouseover state and assign "Opacity: 100 %" to the text element.

• That's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a "States" button to achieve this in a very simple way. All elements within a states button are triggered, when the states button itself is "touched" (hovered, clicked) by your mouse:

• Place an image into the button.

• Place a text object into the button too and assign "Opacity: 0 %" to it in normal state.

• Now go to mouseover state and assign "Opacity: 100 %" to the text element.

• That's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that works! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I can't make a headline and a paragraph with different fonts and/or sizes, within the same text box. Do anybody know, if this can be done somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What? Could you explain this? Of course you can have different text attributes in the same text box! What exactly do you want to say us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I choose a part of the text in my text box and choose another font, size or color, nothing happens except, that the box, where I chose another attribute says, that the text is now for example green. If i choose the entire text, I can change these things, but it will affect everything in the text box. When I view it in preview, the entire text still has the same attributes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it possible, that you didn’t read my posting precisely enough?

Look at this example: http://states-button-demo.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

You may download the example file directly from this site.

I don’t explain anything for now, because it is really better, if you figure out the solution by yourself.

If you can’t -> ask!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines