4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2017 9:59 PM by Sebastian Bleak

Problem with Photoshop CC 2017

Lame-Duck

I just updated my Photoshop CC 2015 and I now have the 2017 version. The problem that I'm experiencing is that in the edit mode,  most of the selections are not highlighted, and I cannot open them as I've been able to do in previous Photoshop versions. I'm running windows 10, and would like to know if anyone else has experienced this? 

• 1. Re: Problem with Photoshop CC 2017
          S_Gans Adobe Community Professional

If by "selections" you mean Menu items - I'll ask if that's the first time you've used THESE particular images in either Photoshop. You see, my theory is that you may be using a CMYK image, instead of the usual RGB. I know I've often opened an image I received from a client that was in CMYK mode, without realizing it, until I tried some menu items (particularly filters). I see they're grayed out and THEN look up at my title tab to see the little "CMYK" notification there.

IF this is the case, it's easy to fix - just go to the Image menu, the top item is "Mode" and switch that to RGB.

If my assumption about the situation is wrong, perhaps you can clarify what you meant about the selections not being highlighted, or send a screenshot?

• 2. Re: Problem with Photoshop CC 2017
            Lame-Duck Level 1

I've always used RGB Mode,

Here is a screen shot. Most of the choice do not open when I click on them. I don't know if you can see what I'm referring to by viewing the image below. For example cut, copy, paste, free transform, and others will not respond when I click on them as they did with previous CC Photoshop editions.

18_1635.jpg

• 3. Re: Problem with Photoshop CC 2017
              Lame-Duck Level 1

I finally got it to work by reinstalling the Photoshop CC 2017 program. Thanks for taking the time to help me with my problem.

• 4. Re: Problem with Photoshop CC 2017
                Sebastian Bleak Adobe Community Professional

Cool!

Anytime Ps acts funny, I uninstall and reinstall. Removing the preferences also helps. It's like a fresh start