Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lip Sync Function Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am super super new at Character Animator. I have been trying to create myself for a video for my blog but I can't for some reason get the lip sync to work. I just finished creating all of the unique mouth arrangements Ee, D, R, and so on. When I use the keyboard to test it, it works perfectly. But for some reason the audio will not work. I have tried everything that I can think of.

Is there something that I forgot to add? Or did I not select something right? I have also tried to use the tutorials but haven't had much luck trying to fix my problem. The only thing the face matching will do is smile and stay neutral.

Thank you so much in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

After restarting my character animator and not plugging my microphone in that I had. It works. I guess the one that I was using just wasn't loud enough or something.

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the built-in template puppet (Puppet > New Puppet in Photoshop) work for you for lip sync? If not, is your microphone enabled (button at bottom of Camera & Microphone panel)? If so, do you see the green meter (just to the right of the mic button) move when you talk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the Built in Template works when I try and use that. I also do have my microphone enabled and do see the green meter. I was thinking maybe I missed a step when I was creating or exporting my puppet from Photoshop to the character animator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After restarting my character animator and not plugging my microphone in that I had. It works. I guess the one that I was using just wasn't loud enough or something.

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If everything looks normal when starting a new puppet from the built-in template but lip sync still doesnt work. Then what. I see the green meter when talking but the puppet only smiles. Any recommendations please, ive been stuck for days on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem.....then I realized I had too many microphones plugged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines