3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2008 6:09 PM by tzeng

Error #3003 during installation

laurent22300
      Hello,

I am getting a strange error on Mac OS X with Safari during the installation of my AIR app. When I click on the badge, Adobe AIR is successfully downloaded and installed; however the instalation of the AIR app itself fails with an error #3003. This only happens when the Adobe AIR is not initially present on the computer, and only on Safari. If I then try to click the badge again, then the app installation is successful.

I'm using the badge from the Flex SDK 3.2 and the app is also compiled with this SDK. Any idea what could be causing this error 3003? Is it a known bug? I can't seem to find any information about it, so any input would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Laurent
        • 1. Re: Error #3003 during installation
          laurent22300 Level 1
          Not sure if it could help troubleshoot the issue, but here is my .airinstall.log:

quote:

UI SWF load is complete
          stateRunningAppInstaller: appinstaller -runtime "/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/airKYOyc6/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks" -playerVersion=9,0,124,0 -sandboxType=remote -securityDomain=airdownload.adobe.com -https=false -fromUserEvent=true -- -withRuntime -url http://pogopixels.com/temp/bill4time/Bill4TimeWidget.air
          App installer failed; exit code 7
          begin quitting

and my .airappinstall.log:

quote:

Starting app install of http://pogopixels.com/temp/bill4time/Bill4TimeWidget.air
          UI SWF load is complete
          UI initialized
          Unpackaging to /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0
          unpackaging is complete
          application is bound to side-by-side version 1.0
          application is bound to this version of the runtime
          app id com.bill4time.airWidget
          pub id 87E5CAE3D92C22273CA5349DA800745C311CA4D3.1
          Application not located
          Waiting for user confirmation
          User confirmed action: install
          creating native installer in: /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp1
          native installer creation complete
          stateInstallingWithElevation: enter install
          stateInstallingWithElevation: /var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/airKYOyc6/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Adobe AIR Application Installer -runtime "/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/airKYOyc6/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks" -silent -logToStdout -withRuntime -url -location /Applications -desktopShortcut -programMenu http://pogopixels.com/temp/bill4time/Bill4TimeWidget.air
          subinstaller: Starting silent app install of http://pogopixels.com/temp/bill4time/Bill4TimeWidget.air
          subinstaller: UI SWF load is complete
          subinstaller: UI initialized
          subinstaller: Unpackaging to /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp2
          subinstaller: unpackaging is complete
          subinstaller: application is bound to side-by-side version 1.0
          subinstaller: application is bound to this version of the runtime
          subinstaller: app id com.bill4time.airWidget
          subinstaller: pub id 87E5CAE3D92C22273CA5349DA800745C311CA4D3.1
          subinstaller: Application not located
          subinstaller: creating native installer in: /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp3
          subinstaller: native installer creation complete
          subinstaller: Starting install
          subinstaller: Repairing com.bill4time.airWidget installed at /Users/Laurent/.Trash/Bill4TimeWidget 14-49-44.app
          subinstaller: New install location will be /Users/Laurent/.Trash/Bill4TimeWidget.app
          subinstaller: Beginning install
          subinstaller: Copying /var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/airKYOyc6/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework to /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework
          subinstaller: Copying /var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/airKYOyc6/Adobe AIR Installer.app to /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app
          subinstaller: Copying /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app to /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp4/file1
          subinstaller: Deleting /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app
          subinstaller: Copying /var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/airKYOyc6/Adobe AIR Installer.app to /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app
          subinstaller: Copying /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app/Contents/Frameworks to /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp4/file2
          subinstaller: Deleting /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app/Contents/Frameworks
          subinstaller: Copying /var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/airKYOyc6/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app to /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app
          subinstaller: Registering /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app/Contents/Info.plist
          subinstaller: Copying /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app/Contents/Info.plist to /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp4/file3
          subinstaller: Deleting /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app/Contents/Info.plist
          subinstaller: chown of /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework completed with status -1
          subinstaller: chown of /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app completed with status -1
          subinstaller: chown of /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app completed with status -1
          subinstaller: Copying /Users/Laurent/.Trash/Bill4TimeWidget 14-49-44.app to /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp4/file4
          subinstaller: Deleting /Users/Laurent/.Trash/Bill4TimeWidget 14-49-44.app
          subinstaller: Copying /Users/Laurent/.Trash/Bill4TimeWidget.app to /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp4/file5
          subinstaller: Deleting /Users/Laurent/.Trash/Bill4TimeWidget.app
          subinstaller: Copying /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp3/Template to /Users/Laurent/.Trash/Bill4TimeWidget.app
          subinstaller: chown of /Users/Laurent/.Trash/Bill4TimeWidget.app completed with status -1
          subinstaller: Execution complete; beginning commit phase
          subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp4/file1
          subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp4/file2
          subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp4/file3
          subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp4/file4
          subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp4/file5
          subinstaller: Commit complete
          subinstaller: starting cleanup of temporary files
          subinstaller: application installer exiting
          Failed during elevated install: 3003
          starting cleanup of temporary files
          application installer exiting
          • 2. Re: Error #3003 during installation
            laurent22300 Level 1
            I still haven't found out how to fix this issue. Any suggestions?
            • 3. Re: Error #3003 during installation
              tzeng Adobe Employee

There is a discussion that is related to error 3003:
              http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=697&threadid=1369857

I am not sure if that could help you.

I have not seen this before.

-ted