0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2017 8:50 AM by CANDACHE

PRINTER NOT PRINTING COLORS WELL FROM ADOBE

CANDACHE Level 1

Hi.

I am working at a real estate agency as the in house Graphic Designer. We have a Xerox 7835 Work-center and have been having multiple issues with it when  it comes to printing from Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat) The colors that we are getting from the printer are VERY dull and blurry, however they are high quality images. I understand that our printer isn't going to output the EXACT color I use in Photoshop, but the color we are getting is muddled and grainy. We've had Xerox come and service the printer multiple times, only to tell us it's an issue on our end, not the printer, and their internal print test and calibration is perfect. I've downloaded new drivers for the printer, and re-calibrated my computer screen (I'm on an iMac). I had a tiny amount of improvement when I set my printing settings to "photoshop manages color" and printed in the "Enhanced" feature in "Print Quality", but it's still not working. I acknowledge that since I'm using RGB that the issue may lie in that, but when designing in CMYK and using CMYK printing options I am still having the exact same issues. I am not sure if this is an issue with Adobe, or what or if anyone has had any luck in resolving printing issues like this. I'm at my wits end, and have seemingly tried everything.

Side note:

When we were getting our printer they had mentioned something about a software or hardware or something from Adobe that if installed helped with print quality? I'm not sure on the specifics, but we (my coworkers, and I) all remember the representatives saying this, but the customer service people at Xerox have no idea what we're talking about.

Anyway, thank you in advance for any tips or ideas that might help me out!