• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I send Sketch files to Photoshop CC?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to send my Sketch file from my iPad Pro to Photoshop. I hit the share icon on the upper right corner and message tells me it's been Saved.
But isn't it supposed to show up in Photoshop? I'm logged into Adobe CC.

TOPICS
Import and share

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Hi Paul.

Sorry sending from the app isn't working. Since I can't tell from what you've said so far. a couple of quick questions:

If you sign in to Sketch with your Enterprise account does your work show up on http://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=sketch when you sign in there with that same log-in? (It sounds, from what you've said, that it's not.)

If it's not, does your enterprise account restrict storage in Creative Cloud?

If you can't sync using your Enterprise account, you may have to c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff.

A quick (and this may sound like a stupid one) question: When you tap on the Share icon are you in an open drawing? Can you see all your drawing tools and edit your drawing.

I'm asking because there are two Share icons. One in the Project view. And one in Edit mode. It sounds like you just may not have gotten to the second one yet. Another way to tell that you're in the correct Share menu is that Open in Adobe Desktop Apps should be the uppermost choice in the menu that opens.

Can you check that you're tapping on the correct Share icon?

Sue.

One more thing that might help to know: When  you send work to the desktop from Sketch, you'll get a Sent! notification in the app and... if everything's working as it should on the desktop, Photoshop should open with your drawing in new artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick screen shot to add to what Sue said above... here's what you should see if you have an open document:

IMG_0372.PNG

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike!

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,
Yes, your screen shot is exactly what I see. The file just never makes it to PS.
Thanks
Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff.

A few questions:

* What version of Photoshop CC are you using? (Check this by opening the app and choosing About Photoshop from the Photoshop CC file menu.)

* When you send your work, are you getting a Sent! notification in Sketch?

* Also, since the Creative Cloud Desktop App has a lot to do with whether mobile files make it to the desktop, check to see what version you're using (it should be 4.0.1.188). To check that, click on the CC icon in the menu bar, then the Gear icon, then Preferences.

Let me know what you find.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Yes the I'm getting a "Sent" notification in Sketch. I'm also using CC version 4.0.1.188. The file is still not reaching Photoshop CC.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff.

* What version of Photoshop CC are you using? (Check this by opening the app and choosing About Photoshop from the Photoshop CC file menu.)

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue using CC version Version 4.2.0.211 and the 2017 versions of Illustrator CC and Photoshop CC. I'm sending from within the file and it says "Sent", but I get a message on the desktop that says something like "Unable to download file. Please try again later." Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gina.

Sorry things aren't working. I have a few questions:

Is this "not working" new? Had sending to Photoshop worked in the past?

Are you able to send to Illustrator?

When you sign in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud do you see all the work that's on your device?

Do you have an Individual Creative Cloud account? Or an Enterprise (larger company) account?

What version of Sketch are you using? (In the app tap Settings, then About Sketch.)

Let me know so I can try to help figure out what's going on.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

i don't know if was any solution of this problems. I'm having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be some answers in the comments above Paul.

The most important thing to consider is that you have compatible versions of

• Mobile App
  • Desktop App
  • CreativeCloud
  • User Personal Login (Enterprise account may behave differently)

and... sometimes it can be a little slow if you've got a big project.

note: Check your MOBILE CREATIONS folder from Photoshop as a potential alternative.

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked my Mobile App and desktop App, both are up date. I must use my enterprise account I'm currently using this for my job, in my office..

I checked my Adobe Creative Cloud (assets mobile) and it seems like I can't synchronize my pad app with my desktop photoshop.
It seemed empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul.

Sorry sending from the app isn't working. Since I can't tell from what you've said so far. a couple of quick questions:

If you sign in to Sketch with your Enterprise account does your work show up on http://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=sketch when you sign in there with that same log-in? (It sounds, from what you've said, that it's not.)

If it's not, does your enterprise account restrict storage in Creative Cloud?

If you can't sync using your Enterprise account, you may have to create a new (free) account and save your Sketch work as PSDs and then open those in Photoshop CC... but please let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I think I'm having the same problem. Everytime I try to send my sketch to photoshop or turn it into a PSD or just access it in Fresco. It just does a circle forever then after the device inevitably locks it says failed. Currently the one that's most pressing to work in photoshop is not showing in my cloud of files. On past projects the one that is where I can access it in Fresco is a older sketch and won't update to the latest. It just doesn't work no matter what I do it seems like. I have a sketch file I backed up via plugging my ipad pro into my ipad but, I'm not sure there's anything I can do with it from my laptop, is there?

I tried going to your link and it seems to be broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, i have the same problem. If i try to send the Sketch file to Photoshop Desktop, it starts loading for a long time. And then there appears: "File coudn't sent".

Both version (Ipad & Mac) are up to date. I still have plenty of storage and my wifi connection works.

I need the file as a psd file, so the assets mobile site is not a solution for me..

How can i fix this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Share > Open In... Adobe Desktop Apps > Photoshop CC doesn’t work, you can try:

Share > Sent To... Creative Cloud Files as PSD.

That would still get you a PSD, and wouldn’t need the extra overhead of sending the file all the way to your Photoshop session.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diana.

Mike is right.... Sometimes sending to the desktop can "time out" and each time that happens, the "send" has to start over from the beginning. You can do what Mike suggested (saving a PSD to your CC Files folder) but you can also try a couple of things on the desktop:

* It sounds like it is, but first make sure all of your work is synced to Creative Cloud; sign in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=sketch and make sure all the work you see on your device shows up there too.

* If everything is synced, sign out of Sketch, restart your iPad, then sign back in to Sketch.

* Then sign out of the CC Desktop App, restart your laptop, then sign back in to that.

* Then create a super simple drawing in Sketch (just a few strokes) and try sending that. If everything goes OK try sending that original drawing again. (It might also be worth it, if you have access to one, to try sending over a different wifi network.)

Let me know what happens.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JustTrying.

I'm sorry it's not working. I'm going to ask you some of the same questions I asked someone yesterday

* What version of the app are you using?

* Is this something that's just begun happening? Was sending to Photoshop working previously?

* Are you having the trouble with one drawing or multiple drawings? If you've only tried one, can you draw something really simple and try sending that?

* Are you getting a Sent! notification in the app when you try to send your work?

* When you sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=sketch does all the work that's on your device show up there? (Please check this if you have not already.)

* Is the Send to CC Files as PSD function working for you? The PSDs would show up at http://assets.adobe.com/files

* Finally, since it's super common for people to be signed in to the app with one login and the Creative Cloud Desktop App with another, make sure you're signed in to both Draw and desktop with the same login (Adobe ID and password). The best way to check that is to sign out of both Sketch  (tap the Settings icon in the lower nav, then the field with your name, then Sign Out) and the CC Desktop App (tap the CC icon, then the avatar icon, then Sign Out), restart both your mobile device and laptop, then sign back in to both. (It's always a good idea before signing out of Sketch to know that your work is synced to Creative Cloud so do that first at the link above.)

Please let me know what you find.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

i have the same problem now. No chance to share illustrations from iPad to Photoshop Desktop. I have the newest versions of both applications and i am also locked in with the same account. In the past it worked perfect, but since a view days never.

Did you already solve the Problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tschames.

I'm sorry this function isn't working for you either. I'm going to ask you some of the same questions I asked above because they will help me determine where the problem might be.

* Are you having the trouble with one drawing or multiple drawings? If you've only tried one, can you draw something really simple and try sending that?

* Are you getting a Sent! notification in the app when you try to send your work?

* When you sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=sketch does all the work that's on your device show up there? (Please check this if you have not already.)

* Is the Send to CC Files as PSD function working for you? The PSDs would show up at http://assets.adobe.com/files

* Finally, the best way to ensure you're signed in to both Sketch and desktop with the same login (Adobe ID and password) is to sign out of both Sketch  (tap the Settings icon in the lower nav, then the field with your name, then Sign Out) and the CC Desktop App (tap the CC icon, then the avatar icon, then Sign Out), restart both your mobile device and laptop, then sign back in to both. (It's always a good idea before signing out of Sketch to know that your work is synced to Creative Cloud so do that first at the link above.)

Please let me know what you find.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

don’t ask me why - it works again.

I deleted sketch on my iPad, and installed it again. After that it was running again.

thanks for your support!

mit freundlichem Gruss aus Esslingen,

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andreas.

OK, great. Glad it's working again.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

I have the same problem with my iPad Pro, and have tried everything that was mentioned above.

The only thing that works is deleting the app and re-installing it, but I have to do this each time I want to export a drawing (open a file on my desktop). And then I have to download the app and all the brushes again, which takes a lot of time.

So I was hoping you might have a new solution to this problem 🙂

Once I reinstall the app I can export multiple files, but as soon as I stop using the iPad and start drawing again, I have to delete/reinstall the app.

best regards,

lotte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines