• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to prevent people from stealing the other's Indesign files?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly suspect some of my classmates to "borrow" my  files and just change the fonts or the images in the class share-drive...I am dreaming of funny tricks that would appear or disappear ... Any Ideas? Thanks!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Simple solution is to not put your files on the “class share-drive” or to set the protections for your directory to prevent others (other than perhaps your instructor) from accessing your files.

Although plagiarism may be the highest form of compliment, if your classmates are in fact stealing your content, that is a very serious academic offense and you should be reporting them if not to your instructor, to the disciplinary office at your college (Houston Community College).

I don't know if whethe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple solution is to not put your files on the “class share-drive” or to set the protections for your directory to prevent others (other than perhaps your instructor) from accessing your files.

Although plagiarism may be the highest form of compliment, if your classmates are in fact stealing your content, that is a very serious academic offense and you should be reporting them if not to your instructor, to the disciplinary office at your college (Houston Community College).

I don't know if whether what you submit is an InDesign document or the resultant PDF file, but there is metadata within each InDesign document and the resultant PDF files that could establish you as the original owner of the InDesign document. (Just make sure you yourself didn't copy the InDesign document from elsewhere or you could be indicting yourself! ).

Spend your time learning and not dreaming of “funny tricks!”

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks you Sir,

VB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines