Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scroll Frames in InDesign CC 2015

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I've been trying to add scrollable frames to a document intended for digital publishing. I've been following the tutorials here, but when I preview it or publish portions of it online, the scrollbar does not show up and the frame will not scroll. I'm using InDesign CC 2015. I've seen some things about it not working because InDesign CC 2015 doesn't have the Digital Publishing Suite, but I have the scrolling frame feature in my overlays panel, so this confuses me. Any help would be appreciated. If it is not possible using the tool, is there a workaround?

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you attempting to publish: PDF? EPUB Fixed Layout? Publish Online?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to publish online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is the tool you're looking for: Ajar Productions » Universal Scrolling Frames for InDesign

Adobe InDesign is full of wonderful interactive capabilities. The DPS Overlays panel adds several additional options, such as scrolling frames.

While this extra interactivity is supported by DPS, as well as our tool—in5 (InDesign to HTML5)—it’s not supported by InDesign’s native export formats: ePUB, HTML, and Publish Online.

In looking for ways for add this interactivity for all formats, I heard from many people that scrolling frames were a high priority.

I worked with Chad Chelius to refine the CSS that would support scrolling frames in ePUB and Publish Online. Chad wrote up how to manually insert this code on epubsecrets.

Then I went one step further and created a simple panel that will let you control scrolling with zero coding.

animated demo of the panel

The scrolling frame will work in ePUB (Fixed Layout and Reflowable), HTML, DPS, Publish Online, and in5. Thus I’ve dubbed it Universal Scrolling Frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines