• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing picture, video or making new composition crashes the program (CC 2017)

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMPORTANT: These are my computer specs. Please read them just in case the problem is with the computer:

Operating System

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU

Intel Core i3 370M @ 2.40GHz

Arrandale 32nm Technology

RAM

4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)

Motherboard

Hewlett-Packard 144A (CPU)

Graphics

Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)

Intel HD Graphics (HP)

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 (HP)

CrossFire Disabled

Storage

298GB Seagate ST9320423AS (SATA)  (I have 2.17GB left as of this post)

1863GB Seagate Expansion Desk USB Device (USB (SATA)) (545GB left as of this post)

Optical Drives

hp DVD RW AD-7586H

MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000

Audio

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

So, I got the Creative Cloud trial and I installed After Effects (2017). Then I open it, and create new composition. It makes a new composition, but then it freezes for a second, and then pops up with a message saying:

"Adobe After Effects CC 2017.1 has stopped working", and says it's encountered a problem and said the typical "contact Microsoft" stuff.

I then ran it as administrator, and opened a project I downloaded five years ago of a logo, and it seemed to be doing fine. Then I click new, import image, and import an image. Still working normally at this point. So I click play, and boom, 3 seconds of freeze, and then it crashes.

I haven't altered the program in any way. Photoshop CC 2017 works completely fine, but not After Effects. If you have a fix or an answer, that would be gladly appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Your computer does not meet the system requirements for CC 2017. Nothing more needs to be said.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your computer does not meet the system requirements for CC 2017. Nothing more needs to be said.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines