2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2008 8:31 PM by David_F57

Display group of controls

user341975 Level 1
      I am new to flex and I am working the following feature. Please let me know if it can be done in flex or not

The app I am working on is a questionnaire type. There are bunch of questions with categories. I do not want to show all the questions on the screen. I want to show only the categories. If user chooses YES to the category, I would like to display the category related questions.

Example: Question 1 is yes then shows Question 2 to Question 10. Currently I am using controls visible property to display or not display the questions. But if user chooses “NO” to question 1, it leaves blank space and user has to scroll down to the Question 2. This is kind of ugly.

Is there any way that I could put Questions 2 to 10 in a container (like panel in .net) and show or not show the container? When user chooses yes the container will expand and show the details and when user choose no the container will shrink.

This looks very simple but I am not able to figure it out. I know I am missing some thing. Please help me to find any documentation or examples.
        • 1. Re: Display group of controls
          Level 7

"user341975" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gi5tuo$ssn$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am new to flex and I am working the following feature. Please let me know
          >if
          > it can be done in flex or not
          >
          > The app I am working on is a questionnaire type. There are bunch of
          > questions
          > with categories. I do not want to show all the questions on the screen. I
          > want
          > to show only the categories. If user chooses YES to the category, I would
          > like
          > to display the category related questions.
          >
          > Example: Question 1 is yes then shows Question 2 to Question 10. Currently
          > I
          > am using controls visible property to display or not display the
          > questions. But
          > if user chooses ?NO? to question 1, it leaves blank space and user has to
          > scroll down to the Question 2. This is kind of ugly.
          >
          > Is there any way that I could put Questions 2 to 10 in a container (like
          > panel
          > in .net) and show or not show the container? When user chooses yes the
          > container will expand and show the details and when user choose no the
          > container will shrink.
          >
          > This looks very simple but I am not able to figure it out. I know I am
          > missing
          > some thing. Please help me to find any documentation or examples.
          >

Look at the includeInLayout property.

HTH;

Amy

• 2. Re: Display group of controls
            David_F57 Level 5
            using States for questionaires is usually a good solution.