1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 7, 2017 9:01 AM by Szalam

"zero denominator in ratio multiply" (17::17) suggested solutions not working

Roketscience

Using aftereffects CC2017

Running updated win7, on  Intel Core i7 960, Lots of room on all drives including the scratch drive, a very reliable setup in general.

Most of my C4D renders are jpeg, set for 98 or 99% quality, and I have dozens of layers in the typical  AE project.

After using CC2017 for about a month, (CS6 worked flawlessly)  I'm now suddenly and frequently getting the "zero denominator in ratio multiply" (17::17), which brings everything to a halt. Following the advice of the forums,  I've selected "interpret footage/Main/Color Management/Preserve RGB" for everything.

Everything everywhere is already 30fps, file size is uniformly 1920x1080. This "preserve RGB" step sometimes (but not always) restores functionality... for a while.

It's a pain though.

But recalling the project at a later time, I have to go through it ALL OVER AGAIN. It's bringing me to a standstill. Whats the real solution? Also: why do I have to jump through hoops to use what is far-and-away, the worlds most popular codec?  Any help appreciated, can provide additional info.