2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2008 9:04 AM by Rothrock

Abstract Movieclip

_fanboy_
      How can I create an "abstract" movie clip, for lack of a better term--the way a movie clip exists in the library, but not yet on the stage. In Flash, you can manually create a movie clip in the library, add some key frames here and there, put stuff on them, etc., then with the "linkage" tab, put it on the stage sometime later with AS while running the swf. I want to create a movie clip in the library with AS. That way I can actually add keyframes and put stuff on them, then place the movie clip on the stage later when I need it. The reason I need to do this is because I have sprite sheets I need to animate. I would do it manually if I had just one or two, but since I have like.... hundreds of them, I'd much rather have the computer just load them up and put them into the library.

Any ideas?
        • 1. Re: Abstract Movieclip
          rlc5611 Level 1
          No can do. You cannot add keyframes with AS and you cannot create library items through AS.
          • 2. Re: Abstract Movieclip
            Rothrock Level 5
            But you can do it it with JavaScript Flash (JSFL). It is a javascript like (and therefore very similar to Flash in structure) programming language that can be used to automate and control all kinds of things in the authoring environment.

I'm not sure the exact syntax to do what you want. But it is completely possible to use JSFL to import and change a bunch of graphics into movieclips.