188.8.131.52 has been out for 3 weeks and yours is the first post reporting internal background update issues, which normally indicates an issue with your configuration. The log file excerpt you posted doesn't show any warnings or errors. Please provide the following:
- OS version of impacted system
- Flash Player version currently installed on the impacted system
- screenshot of the background update server directories showing the xml files and installer files
- entire FlashInstall.log file from an impacted system, not an excerpt. Upload the file to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud. Post the URL to the uploaded files in your reply, or private message it to me. To send a private message click on my username link and then on the 'Message' button link. If you send it via private message, include a link to this discussion topic for reference.
I have sent you the files on private message.
OS version: Windows 7 x64 and Windows 10 x64
Flash Player version: 24_0_0_186
I have investigated more and on the windows 7 computers there are warnings. Since most of our computers are windows 7 I have sent you the log from one of those.
2017-4-10+5-25-0.249 [warning] 1470 12030
2017-4-10+5-25-0.250 [warning] 1474 183
2017-4-10+5-25-0.251 [warning] 147
Hi thomase92145722 ,
Thank you for posting the log file and the screenshot.
1470 is the Background update error for WinHttpSendRequest call to currentmajor.xml failed. This has an associated Windows Error Code 12030, ERROR_INTERNET_CONNECTION_ABORTED
1474 is the Background update error for WinHttpReceiveResponse call to currentmajor.xml failed
1475 is the Background Update Service error for Could not retrieve currentmajor.xml
I need some more information from you.
- On the impacted system, using a web browser navigate to https://your.domain.com/pub/flashplayer/update/current/sau/currentmajor.xml. Are you able to access the currentmajor.xml file via the browser
- Pst a screenshot of the contents of the /pub/flashplayer/update/current/sau/currentmajor.xml file posted to your update server
- On the machine the provided FlashInstall.log file was obtained from, launch Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
- Right-click on FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe and select Properties
- In the FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe Properties dialog window click on the Details tab
- Post a screenshot of the Details tab
1. I was able with http, not https. The certificate was missing in the bindings for https. That is now fixed, and the warnings are gone, but still it does not update. I have sent you the latest flashinstall.log
2/3. Screenshots are in your your mail
Please check the registry for the entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Macromedia\FlashPlayerSAU > LastUpdateCheck. If LastUpdateCheck is there, delete it and run the Service again.
Note, version 184.108.40.206 was released today and new background update resources are available for download.
Thanks. That did it. It's updating
You're welcome. Glad it's working for you now.