• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content hidden outside the page or spreads.

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took on some projects started by another designer. All his indesign files have a light gray background in the work space, and have content outside the page that I cannot view, access, or edit. Basically it is behaving like a clipping mask would in illustrator, however the content is not accessible. I need to access these elements to get it ready for print and pull design elements far enough for the bleed. I have never encountered this. I am running current version of InDesign. I was able to release whatever is causing this by mistake on another file. I am at a loss. Please help. Projects are somewhat urgent. View attached image for example of what I am seeing.

Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 8.41.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 9.37.32 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

You need to change the screen mode. Go to View -> Screen mode -> Normal. This will show the content in the bleed area as well which is what you want from what I understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to change the screen mode. Go to View -> Screen mode -> Normal. This will show the content in the bleed area as well which is what you want from what I understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!  Also helpful when your cat steps on your keyboard, and you don't know what she pressed...  😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatively, you can use the shortcut w to switch back to normal screen mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to  @rohit_ID's, answer, look in the Layers panel and spin open the disclosure triangle to see every object in the spread. Click the selection button on the far right to select it. There are also icons to lock or hide the objects, so if some of these are objects are locked or hidden, you will be able to unlock and make them visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines