• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make GIF last longer

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! My gif only lasts 7 seconds and I have to get it to last 4 minutes. How can I do that in After Effects?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

I am guessing you want the GIF to loop. right click on the GIF file in the project panel and choose interpret footage->main. see at the bottom there is a loop feature, the maximum is 99.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing you want the GIF to loop. right click on the GIF file in the project panel and choose interpret footage->main. see at the bottom there is a loop feature, the maximum is 99.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Roei's answer solve your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but the gif still is too short, I have to manually put them in place

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but the gif still is too short, I have to manually put them in place

I am not following. if you have a 7 second GIF and you loop it 99 times then 7*99 = 693 seconds = 11.5 minutes. where exactly is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After you loop the GIF (right click GIF file in project panel>>interpret footage>>main>>loop>>999+)

You unlock the ability to extend the length/duration of the GIF as an object in the sequence- where you weren't able to before. 

Old thread, but this helped me! Cheers---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines