I created a text layer on AE and applied a glow effect to it. I wanted to know if it was possible to make the glowing effect (keyframed at the opacity) reflect on the background layer, so it would be more credible. Thank you in advance !
It depends on the look you're going for. One way would be to do this:
- duplicate the text layer with the effect
- make sure your text is filled with a colour that's close to your glow colour
- blur your new layer a fair amount (maybe 50-200 pixels, depending on its size)
- set the layer's blending mode to Add or Screen, reduce its opacity to something fairly low (10-30%) and drop it behind your original text layer
- play with the opacity until it looks decent
Hopefully that helps.
The above post assumes you want the reflection to be in behind your original layer. If you want it to look like it's reflected on the floor below your text, do all of the same things, but then also apply the Corner Pin effect to your layer. Drag the top left and top right points below the bottom points and spread them out to the sides a bit. This will then approximate a reflection.