• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore CS6 Alternative

Enthusiast ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased VEGAS Architect DVD and Blu-ray Disc Authoring software(2016 Version).  It is very similar to Encore CS6.  However, it has a problem when creating Blu-ray disks  When I play the disk, I cannot control it.  It does not allow me to Pause, Fast Forward or Reverse the Blu-ray disk.  This program was mentioned previously as an alternative to Encore CS6.  I have emailed Magix to see if they have a solution.  I have two Blu-ray players.  It was the same result.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh please... WHY are you asking about a non-Adobe program in an Adobe forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's not asking, he's providing feedback on a program mentioned here as an alternative to Encore. I think it is useful. Technically, it might be moved to the Lounge, but given Encore's status as end of life, discussing alternatives may be on track!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personal insults are not tolerated on this forum [mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Magix was not able to duplicate the problem that I was having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Do they have an option like Encore where you can build to an image and then burn with a 3rd party app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have emailed Magix's technical support for the answer.  Good question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technical support said that the program can create an Image File(iso).  There is a free trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that I can create blu-ray iso's in Encore, then burn a Blu-ray with ImgBurn. Is that a problem for many people?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never had a problem creating iso files for DVD or Blu-ray in Encore CS6.  They play without any problems on DVD or Blu-ray players.  However, I am beginning to put MP4 videos on Vimeo.  More and more people prefer to view videos this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I personally found Magix DVD Architect to be a bit non-intuituive when I tried it, and the problems listed in an earlier post seem to share some of the same problems that Encore has.  I am currently using Encore CS6, but want to toss it overboard because I cannot get a Blu-ray burn to work since switching to Premiere Pro CC from CS5.5!  I am currently using Encore only to author my discs, but then write an disc image (ISO file).  I have been using Ashampoo Burning Studio 19 to burn image files (version 2018 is free as of this writing and works well too), and find it to be very reliable and easy to use.  I would really like to find an alternative to using Encore at all!  I want to do my project in Premiere Pro CC, use Media Encoder to complete my project render to final format, but find a good software to author the discs and perhaps burn them as well.  I would be fine continuing with Ashampoo for burning, but I definitely want to find a good software for authoring discs.  It is obvious that Encore is only becoming more obsolete every day (was never very intuitive to begin with), and that Adobe is going to sit on their hands rather than create a good authoring/burning software to replace it.  Any good leads out there?  What are other pros doing to replace Encore in their workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines