• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speedgrade CC (2015) Crashing on Start (Fresh Install - Windows 10)

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speedgrade is crashing every time I launch it. This is my first attempt to use it ever and it will not launch.

I've uninstalled it via Windows uninstall and reinstalled but it is still crashing on start.

I searched the forums and saw a number of posts to the "Adobe CC Cleaner Tool" but the documentation is unclear as to what WILL and WON'T be uninstalled. I can't afford to uninstall the entire suite to get one program to work right now. I also can't afford to reinstall all of my plugins right now either. Can someone tell me how to get this thing to run and what I might expect to lose if I use the "Adobe CC Cleaner Tool"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

I think I figured out the problem .....

Problem: this program is a piece of garbage 

Solution: don't use it 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC Cleaner tool allows you to select precisely which programs will be uninstalled & cleaned. And I would recommend in your case, using it and starting over.

The Cleaner Tool knows where Adobe puts the preferences and startup files for each program, and will go nail those in their separate folder off (typically) in the User folder-tree of a computer. But it will only delete those from the specific program ... so you will lose only the files that SpeedGrade placed around the computer on installation. I also recommend using it with a live installation of the program to be uninstalled. The provided instructions say to uninstall with the OS uninstaller first, then run the Cleaner. In my experience of several uses, that ... may ... work.

The CC Cleaner tool can also do the uninstall, and it always finishes the job when it  does both the uninstall and cleanup.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I now tried this program on two separate machines running different OS's and in totally different configurations and Speedgrade failed to launch on both of them .... I would say the "Correct Answer" is Adobe should pull the product until it runs because as it stands now it's just an icon and some unusable files stored on my computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooooooooo ... I followed the instructions on the "Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool" page :
Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

1) I uninstalled Speedgrade using the Windows uninstaller

2) I rebooted

3) I ran AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe in Admin mode

4) I followed the prompts for English then CC 2017, 15, etc

5) I was then asked which program to "clean up" and ....

Speedgrade wasn't even on the list!?  Now What?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was in Step 1.

More than half the times I ran the CC Cleaner tool using the OS uninstaller, I had the same thing. Re-install the program, still nothing working. The instructions are problematic.

1 - Install SpeedGrade again (yea, weird as it sounds).

2 - THEN ... go direct to the CC Cleaner Tool, and use that to do both the uninstall & cleanup.

3 - Reboot.

4 - Download/install a fresh copy via the CC Desktop app.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's your experience, and I don't question it. Sg is a bit of an odd duck, and even pickier about hardware than PrPro. Trying this on an i5 CPU, and anything less than a late-model (preferably Nvidia) dedicated GPU, just isn't going to run. Period. Use an i7 middle to upper CPU, a 600/later Nvidia GPU card with at least a gig of dedicated vRAM, at least 12 gigs of RAM, it should work. If AMD is involved ... it just got dicey.

That said, it does work fine for a ton of people. Even some using AMD.

While a lot of things can be done fine within PrPro's Lumetri panel, there are still times I use the Ntown app to auto-convert a 2017 PrPro project file header so that Sg 2015.1 can "see" it in Direct Link mode, do my grading, and then use the Ntown app to revert the PrPro project file back to 2017 form to continue editing. Patrick Zadrobilek made a nifty little app there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure I more than meet the minimum requirements ....

Windows 10 Home

Intel Core i7-6900K

128GB Corsair Dominator Platinum

Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition Cards

Asus X99-DELUXE II Motherboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet rig ... though with Sg, there is a possibility it might be getting confused with the twin 1080's.

But yea, install it again, THEN do the full uninstall via CC Cleaner app.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Called Adobe .. found out it was crashing while trying to load one of my After Effects plugins so I temporarily removed it.

Now i have the program launched for the very first time and it would seem that the program can only see footage in the file browser that was shot on my Nikon D7100 ... it can't see anything from my AG-DVX200, GH4 or Mavick Pro?!  Ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon ... it can't even open my Nikon footage ... it can just tell me it's on my drive?  So far I'm very very very very unimpressed with this product that I was really hoping would save me some money from having to buy a full version of DaVinci Resolve

fml.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I figured out the problem .....

Problem: this program is a piece of garbage 

Solution: don't use it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines