• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ReCaptcha V2 - Not working correctly again

Participant ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue seems to be back. A client has informed me of it and I have replicated it.

I told the client captcha would be the best option to stop bots etc and they were reluctant.

I was told it is always advisable to use recaptcha or recaptcha V2 on the webforms along with anti-bot fraud protection.

BC please fix This effectively makes entire sites crippled.

TOPICS
Developer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, had to turn off some forms last week Thursday and Friday.

Standard out the box form code, of course with reCaptchaV2 and antibot fraud protection, did not stop the spammers. No JS errors either.

Luckily I built an app to help remove spammed cases and customers - but almost no-one else has this luxury.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DigitalFuel, Can you please provide me page URL on which we have the webform with recaptchaV2? I just created a test page and added a test form on my test site http://dhell.businesscatalyst.com/contact-us And it worked just fine. Regards, Gaurav Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had disabled it but have re added it. Here is the url. http://www.agripeople.co.nz/users/join

The issues are intermittent one time I registered and it worked another it failed even though captcha was successful both times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to disable the image verification because if this is not fixed it may not be letting people register. Please let me know when you have an update on the image verification issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just helped a junior implement one on a site and it worked just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client is having the same issue with both their registration and contact forms today. I was successful submitting the contact form, unsuccessful twice on the registration form, then successful on the registration, then unsuccessful again. One of the times, the reCaptcha cycled through 6 or 7 sets of images before allowing me to submit, but still gave an error message. Both my client and their customer were unsuccessful trying to set up the customer's account, but then I was successful setting him up. So it seems to be intermittent. For those saying there's no problem, YMMV. Absence of evidence does not mean evidence of absence!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BC have been able to replicate this and the issue has been forwarded to the engineering team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, we will roll out a fix for this issue, we will update the status page once the hotpatch deployment is started.

Thanks,

Mihai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working Mihai.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Aaron - can you provide a link to your setup that is not working? I will investigate this further.

Thanks,

Mihai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is not working for me either. Is there a fix?

I tried removing "{module_recaptcha version="2"}" but then it went to a white screen with red text "Multiple requests per IP address are rate-limited for forms without a CAPTCHA. Please contact the site owner or try again later."

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK I got it working by replacing "{module_recaptcha version="2"}" with "{module_captchav2}" so now it has the letters you type instead of the images you click. But is this what you're supposed to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines