• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there still any chance to get a free trial of inDesign CS4? Older file conversions problems.

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I just wrote a post in which I am asking for a favour to help me with converting IDML into INX file, but realising that my customer might not upgrade for a while, I was wondering if it's still somehow possible to get a free trial of inDesign CS4? My google pursuit in order to find the answer was fruitless.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 (CS4) products

but .inx file format is not supported in current InDesign versions for good reasons, so during conversion from .indd to .idml to .inx InDesign might loose some important data and become corrupted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help!
I was reading about that too, and I was a bit worried, but wanted to meet the requirements anyway. If it comes to using the software from the link, it says I'd need a serial number, but as I am having a Creative Cloud, where the apps download straight onto my Mac there is no serial number at all. It is a bit confusing and I always get lost around these things.
Anyway, much appreciated! Thanks once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, you will need to purchase a new license key for InDesign CS4 if really want to meet requirements (which makes no sense to me), or, at least, you can use InDesign CS4 as a trial for 30 days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines