5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2017 10:17 AM by Finatic

Element 3D Models won't open in CC 2017

Arider56107 Level 1

I installed Element 3D on the latest version of After Effects and immediately installed all my models (projectile, star pack, future buildings, etc.) I opened After Effects and Element, to find that only four of the twelve model packs I had installed could actually show up, being the Metropolitan, JetStrike, Rooftop and Starter Pack. I .don't know where else to find answers, having already tried Video Copilot and them not even knowing,

• 1. Re: Element 3D Models won't open in CC 2017
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Without system and version info nobody can tell you much. Presumably you may have a permissions issue on the packs or a compatibility problem, because they work different from the commercial packs.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Element 3D Models won't open in CC 2017
            Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi Alexa,

Are you still facing this problem with Element 3D? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 3. Re: Element 3D Models won't open in CC 2017
              Finatic Level 1

I am also having this same problem now in August I have a video for it on whats going on if you want to see it ill drop the link . It actually just stopped working the other night. When you click on Scene Setup it responds as if its opening, but no window loads but locks up After Effects completely on a brand new composition/Project. I've tried turning off both monitors as I am running 2 4K and still nothing. when you check processes and programs opened you cannot find element 3D anywhere. . I know this is a problem for videocopilot and I should be posting on their forum but I cannot even seem to be able to get past registration LOL.

Dropbox - AdobeElement3D Problem.mp4

Build: Element x64 2.2.2 (2155.hotfix)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz

RAM: 65451MB

GPU Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

GPU: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2

GPU Driver: 22.21.13.8476

GPU RAM: 8192MB

GPU Code: 0

CL0: GeForce GTX 1070 (50.0%) (GL Interop)

CL1: GeForce GTX 1070 (50.0%)

• 4. Re: Element 3D Models won't open in CC 2017
                Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

First thing I would do would be to update your GPU drivers and restart your computer.

• 5. Re: Element 3D Models won't open in CC 2017
                  Finatic Level 1

Yeah I solved the problem not a driver issue wasn't a restart computer issue. drivers up to date and did restart multiple times. So it was my mistake and I tested it a 3rd time and now I am not trying it again. The element 3D crash fix delete the cache well I deleted all the files and it kept queuing me to add my element 3D license again. This happened twice in one month. for someone reason the screen to add license didn't pop up this particular moment and had to mess with it a few times before I got it to work.