4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2017 10:29 AM by Zaid Al Hilali

Text Frame on certain pages contains 'color filled' portion while others are 'transparent'

syedr67179032

Hello,

This is a difficult issue to explain so please bear with me - and this if the first time I have come across something like this.

I am working on converting a file from MS Word 2017 into Indesign CC 2017 - most of the file has converted over correctly (mainly via a copy and paste method and then adding my own manual formatting) however there are certain portions of this 200+ page document which are behaving strangely.

It all started when I was making headers on the Master Pages that on same pages, the headers were not visible while visible on other pages. I then noticed that if I move the text frame to the right of the screen which is a dark grey color in Indesign, I see that some patches of text are transparent while others are filled with white:

Screenshot 2017-04-09 23.39.31.png

As much as I have tried, I can't get those white splotches (for lack of a better word) to be removed from the file.

Again, this is not happening on every page - seems very random. I have tried to take the text from MS Word, copy into Note Pad to strip any hidden characters, etc... and then paste it in Indesign and this produces the same results.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you