Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

batch import HTML files

Dec 12, 2008 Dec 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A developer wrote a chm project describing a database and a set of reports. He also provided the same project in a folder containing the uncompressed HTML files. I need to import all of the HTML files (and re-use the css and images folder with its contents). There are over 500 files in the chm project.

How can I import the entire content efficiently into an existing webhelp project I created in Adobe RoboHelp 7?

Is there a chm conversion that I might have missed? I tried out the chm decompiler in RoboHelp. It seems I would still have to import each HTML file one at a time.

Is there a CLI batch command I can use from the run command in Windows? How would I loop it in DOS? I can try out an example you send and tweak the parameters. It's been decades since I used DOS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2008 Dec 13, 2008
First backup your existing project so that if the import does not go as expected, you can recover.

You don't have to import one file at a time. Create the developers folder structure in your project. Then highlight one folder and select import. Browse to the developer's folder and select all the files in it. Repeat for each folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2008 Dec 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First backup your existing project so that if the import does not go as expected, you can recover.

You don't have to import one file at a time. Create the developers folder structure in your project. Then highlight one folder and select import. Browse to the developer's folder and select all the files in it. Repeat for each folder.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2008 Dec 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks.

I already tried this and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp