Look in the browser developer console to see if there are any errors. It could be that you're testing as local files, and that has different security conditions than when you're testing from Animate. If the files are due to be used online, try putting them online now, that would then be the same security conditions.
Try in Publish Settings window and use Advanced Tab and here uncheck Hosted Libraries option.
Publish your work again - maybe it helps?
Here is the error that I am getting:
** 5 Bitmaps packed successfully into 1 spritesheet(s).
Frame numbers in EaselJS start at 0 instead of 1. For example, this affects gotoAndStop and gotoAndPlay calls. (4)
Content with both Bitmaps and Buttons may generate local security errors in some browsers if run from the local file system.
You suggest I "try putting them online".. how do I go about doing this??
I also tried what you suggested and am having the same issue..
Thank you both for your quick responses!!
Will these files be used on your web site some day? If they are to be, how do you normally upload files?
Its final deliverable will be a presentation (a one-to-one sales tool), essentially a native app. It will not, however, be connected to a website.
By the way, the errors you showed were inside Animate. The error console I mentioned would be in your browser, under the developer tools. Typically you can get there by right-clicking and choosing Inspect. Once all the developer tabs are showing look for the one named Console.
I want to be able to send the client the folder of assets and they open the presentation via the .html file into a browser (internet connection not needed). In the past, using Flash, I've sent either an .exe file or the .swf file to the client for these types of presentations. I'm hoping to do the same now with an .html file so that it can be viewed on any mobile device. (I'm basically creating a interactive presentation with buttons to go to other pages and to play videos).
1 person found this helpful
It looks like the error only happens in Chrome. The problem seems to be when there is a bitmap that is inside a button. You could get the same effect by having a button that only has a hit area frame, and sit that on top of the bitmap. That seems to solve the errors in Chrome.
Wow!! Thank you! That worked!
I still get the warning inside Animate stating "Content with both Bitmaps and Buttons may generate local security errors in some browsers if run from the local file system." However, no errors in the developer console and my buttons are all now working as expected. Thanks a ton!!! : )