Yes you can go back to the previous version. Just follow the below steps:
1. Click the Creative Cloud icon, located in the taskbar (Windows) or Apple menu bar (Mac OS), to open the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app. If it’s not already selected, click the Apps tab at the top of the window.
2. In the Find Additional Apps section, choose Previous Versions > View Previous Versions.
3. Scroll to the app you want to download and click the Install button. Choose an available version to install.
4. Find the application you wish to revert to in the list, click on the Install menu button, and choose the application you wish to revert to.
5. The former version of the application is now installed.
Let us know if this resolves your query
Excellent, thank you.
Although my Creative Cloud app is not showing the scroll bar, so it is not obvious.
Ive had a very similar proper problem, Indesign crashes every time I click on a button in a plug-in?
So I've had to revert to 2017, thank goodness this works!
If you find out any more information let me know.