• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shift + Alt + Command - short cut keys not working mac os Sierra

Contributor ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I work on the integrated keyboard of my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016, touch bar), the shift alt & command keys are not working (say for example enlarging & duplicating images). Seems to be only indesign. Illustrator works fineā€¦

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

That's almost always because of software which purposely restricts keyboard modifiers. There are some Chrome plug-ins that do that as well as other software.

The way to test is to restart your computer with no start up applications, then open InDesign first. Then gradually open applications to see which one is causing the conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's almost always because of software which purposely restricts keyboard modifiers. There are some Chrome plug-ins that do that as well as other software.

The way to test is to restart your computer with no start up applications, then open InDesign first. Then gradually open applications to see which one is causing the conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It resolved itself, I'm not quite sure where the conflict came fromā€¦

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here - noticed it today. Updates are pending, maybe that's the problem/fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm, I opened my computer today and I had the same problem again. Seems to me that there is a bug in Indesign. I hope it can be resolved in a next upgrade, because closing off all programs & restarting is a bit of a nuisanceā€¦ The only software that was running were indesign, harvest, google chrome & Skype

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some Google Chrome plug-ins (don't remember names) have been known to cause this behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only got 'Notifications for Instagram', and the usual google extensions (google doc, presentations, spreadsheets & offline docs)ā€¦ Didn't use to be a problem before thoughā€¦

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I left my laptop at the office last night running the CC updates (8 of them) and this morning the keys are working again. Did not reboot yet, and the only things open are Indesign, Finder and Safari.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines