Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watercolour brush fan feature screen flash

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way of turning off the flash when you press the fan and dry the page, I'm quite new to this and I wanted to attempt a time lapse however when i recorded it through my PC and sped it up, the flashes are really distracting and strobes the screen.

Will there be a future feature to record time lapse in the app like procreate does or can this flash be manually turned off?

Many thanks

Helen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Helen.

Wow. Thank you. For such a considered response about this particular "notification" element.

It's interesting before you mentioned it, I never really even noticed the flash when tapping the fan icon. Now I can completely understand how it could seem a bit "excessive."  I will definitely be sharing your comments with the product team.

Thanks for all your time.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Helen,

Unfortunately there is not a way to turn off the screen flash that accompanies the fan but, and I don't know whether this will help, but if you use a pen stroke on top of the watercolor, it has the same effect of setting the spread of the "water."

The teams are definitely considering the addition of recording capability in the drawing apps.

Hope that helps a bit.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Thanks for replying so quickly,

Pleased to know that a recording feature is being considered, it does come hand in hand with creativity.

Will your team's think about the flash when they come to develop the recording feature as the problem will still be there?

Many thanks

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helen,

I don't know... I can certainly submit it as a feature request.

I do know that we do need some visual indicator that the watercolor is being dried. So a quick question: For you, what would effectively do that and, at the same time, be less visually disruptive?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Thank you for your honesty, some of my ideas:

If it can be done, a small simple message in a container that appears not on but near where you last touched the stylus to the screen, depending on left or right handed options it can be positioned where the user would see it, right handed, on the left side of where the stylus last touched the screen. This might be better as it is more subtle, i don't know about other users but that is where i am looking when i dry the page.

Now i can see that jumping about and some users maybe not liking that, especially on a large piece zoomed out...

Maybe a small notification "watercolour dried" attached to the top right or left of the screen, depending on which hand the user draws with, this would be visible and not covered by arms or hands. However this is difficult as what if you are drawing up in the top corners.

Maybe to just simplify it, a "recording friendly" option, tick box in the settings, which will just turn off the flash, if the guidance on that box will say it will turn off the screen flash when using the watercolour brush, it might be that people don't need as big of a visual indicator and that the fan icon greyed out is enough. Maybe just a flash/colour change around the black bar with the brush details on (colour, flow). the eye was already there when pressing the fan icon.

This definitely needs to be user tested.

This is a difficult one but really beneficial if your teams can get it right for those who want to share their processes. (those who are excluded from recording by primarily using watercolour).

Many thanks

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Helen.

Wow. Thank you. For such a considered response about this particular "notification" element.

It's interesting before you mentioned it, I never really even noticed the flash when tapping the fan icon. Now I can completely understand how it could seem a bit "excessive."  I will definitely be sharing your comments with the product team.

Thanks for all your time.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines