• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can pdf form be kept editable even after digitally signed?

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a mistake on designing a form that requires signatures.

Basically, there is a cover page that sould be removed, and often attachments are included, that will have to be converted to pdf and appended to the form.

But I made a mistake and have three places where signatures are required. Once someone signs, the pdf cannot be edited or saved in a way where the certified signatures are retained.

So should I put digital signature fields in where needed, then in properties set the field that "nothing happens" when signed? Will that allow me to remove the cover page and append the attachments? Will that work?

Thanks

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

No. That "Nothing happens" option only refers to locking form fields. The rest of the contents of the file will still be locked.

That's pretty much the entire point of a digital signature, to ensure that a file is not edited once signed.

If you want to edit it you need to do so before signing it, or use a different form of signature, like a check-box they will tick or a text field where they enter their name, or a stamp or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. That "Nothing happens" option only refers to locking form fields. The rest of the contents of the file will still be locked.

That's pretty much the entire point of a digital signature, to ensure that a file is not edited once signed.

If you want to edit it you need to do so before signing it, or use a different form of signature, like a check-box they will tick or a text field where they enter their name, or a stamp or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines