Hello, there are two things I need to do for the above picture:
1. Remove reflections caused by the chairs (which I took out).
I tried but I got an ugly mat surface, no reflections which i sort of want but without those of the chairs.
2. I will put the table on a colored background. Problem is how to make the candle glasses transparent and remove the white.
Please provide me with some tips. It is super urgent!
Thank you in advance.
I don’t know the original image but I suspect what you call »reflections caused by the chairs« are actually the »see-through« of the glass-plate.
I recommend you make
• a Group with the overall Layer Mask and inside that
• a Layer with a Layer Mask for all fully opaque elements and
• Smart Object instances with Blend If-settings in Groups with Color Overlays to salvage what you can of the glasses highlights and shadows and
• on separate semi-transparent Layers paint in what else is necessary
It is difficult to assess the image sharpness in your image but if it is crisp, you may consider creating a mask of the objects where they sit on the glass ands the legs that show through them, then replacing the glass with a suitable flat tone or gray gradient.