Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete Standard Presets in LR

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can the standard presets in LR be deleted? I want to get read of the presets LR creates automatically.

Thanks

MM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

You can't delete the built-in presets, unfortunately, though many have asked for it over the years. Please add your me-too vote and details of why you want that feature to this feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Ability to delete the default develop presets | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Meanwhile, you might consider the Any Preset plugin, which can make it easier to work with large numbers of presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the standard presets is an interesting solution.

What is the problem you are trying to solve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to delete the standard develop presets in LR on the left hand side in the develop modul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why?  They can be useful at times and if you aren't using them you can collapse the lists by clicking on the small arrow to the left of each list.

Screenshot 2017-04-12 08.49.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this I know but still I would prefer to completely delete it but I assume this will not work....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't delete the built-in presets, unfortunately, though many have asked for it over the years. Please add your me-too vote and details of why you want that feature to this feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Ability to delete the default develop presets | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Meanwhile, you might consider the Any Preset plugin, which can make it easier to work with large numbers of presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately that request is 5 years old and the person in charge of Lightroom now was dead-set against it 5 years ago.  In my opinion he did not give a very good reason to not allow deleting the default presets but that doesn't help the people (including me) that would like to get rid of most of them. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 11.19.55 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines