• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why am i getting this solid white screen?

Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Forum,

I have a puzzling problem that I can’t work out and am now reaching out for some possible advice.

The problem is that when I make a duplicate of my project at the final step of the process of making my project I get a solid white screen, which in my tests only appear when I try to import images into a duplicate project.

Please see the below step by step procedure of the process and the attached accompanying image illustrations.

Process one:

1. Import Image 1 into project
  2. Open footage_1 composition and import image 1 into it.
  3. Double click on  01_block_right_left project and image appears in composition window.

Everything works fine

Process two:

1. Create a duplicate of the original project by, selected edit duplicate from the top menu bar
  2. Import image 2
  3. Open footage_2 composition and import image 2 into it.
  4. Double click on  02_block_right_right project and NO image appears in composition window (in my other project I tried this process the screen was a solid white).

Can any one spot where I am going wrong here. I build a project containing 8 duplicates before I noticed this and hope that I wont need to rebuild them all from scratch.

Any advice would be kindly appreciated.

Paul.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Hope you can help.

Paul.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

I do not understand why you are duplicating the folder structure. That being said, I'll bet if you open the other folder structure and open the corresponding composition, you'll find it's dropped in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have set stuff to be a guide layer and in that case the behavior would be normal - guide layers are supposed to be non-rendering other than when viewing the comp you work in.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your reply, but im quite new to After effects and an using a videohive template so am not sure set this to be a guide layer.. with this in mind is there any way to explain how i could check, and if so would you know of any way around this situation?

Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not understand why you are duplicating the folder structure. That being said, I'll bet if you open the other folder structure and open the corresponding composition, you'll find it's dropped in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines