• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newest InDesign has print dialogue window bug (I think). Info and comparison video in thread.

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the newest version of ID CC yesterday.

I had an 11x17 document open and I went to print it out to one of our copiers. I go command-p and get the print window. I go to setup on the left and look at the preview window and everything looks right in the "P" preview window. I continue through Marks and Bleed, Output, Graphics, etc and everything looks right or I turn on or off what I need. Standard stuff. I print and it all printed out on 8.5 x 11. I'm like WTF? Did I miss something? So I go back to the print window and yep, under Setup, it's set to US Letter. Now. if I have a 11x17 document that is going to print on 8.5x11, the preview window should show 2 boxes. A large grey one with the P filling it out and then if I have 8.5 x 11 selected (even though my document is 11x17) then a smaller white window indicating what the paper size is that I will end up printing on. I'm so used to visually scanning that box as I'm going through the print settings that sometimes (like in this case) I didn't check the Paper Size. Because that window on the left should show something wrong.

Not sure if there is a setting that I'm missing somewhere but it's not working right. Here is a video I took of the window between IDCS 5.5 and IDCC (newest version)

idcc - YouTube

If anybody has any ideas, I need em! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Best I can tell it worked the way you want it all the way through CC 2015.4:

InDesign CCss_004.png

But the display is changed for CC 2017.1:

InDesign CCss_003.png

You can file a bug report/feature request here:

Wishform - Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best I can tell it worked the way you want it all the way through CC 2015.4:

InDesign CCss_004.png

But the display is changed for CC 2017.1:

InDesign CCss_003.png

You can file a bug report/feature request here:

Wishform - Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines