• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AEGP_GetLayerDuration giving different results based on OS

Participant ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm using AEGP_GetLayerDuration to get my layer's duration. On my windows computer it returns the result in frames, but on mac it returns it in it's original form, where I must divide by the in_data->time_step if I want to convert it to frames. Has anyone else experienced this? Currently I'm using a potentially silly workaround which seems to work:

#ifdef AE_OS_WIN

layerLastFrame = layerFirstFrame + duration.value;

#endif

#ifdef AE_OS_MAC

layerLastFrame = (layerFirstFrame + (duration.value / in_data->time_step));

#endif

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you've not got your projects set up slightly differently between OSs? I doubt the function would return different units based on OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure of it. On windows, if I open up the project it will display the duration and scale in frames. Then if I modify the outpoint of the layer by one frame, it snaps back to measuring it correctly in the steps. Seems like a very situational bug, because if I then reapply the effect, there's no problem. I must reopen the project without saving to reproduce the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok so it seems to not be OS dependant. If I have a duration of 5,000 then that can't be measured as an A_long in steps because it's too big, so it measures it in frames. It's so confusing because I don't know the exact conditions as to whether AE will choose to measure in frames or steps for A_Time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines