• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio channel in rough cut lost on export

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been using Prelude for a little over two years now and have had no trouble with an issue like this before. I have Raw MXF Clips with isolated audio channels (up to 4).  I have a preset made in Encoder that converts the audio to Mono for a YouTube Ready compression.  When I export a sub clip, the audio comes out just fine. However, when I make a rough cut and Export using the same method I am losing one of my channels of audio. It is rather strange as it is not always the same channel that is lost, and this has not happened before. Any ideas why I am losing an audio Channels with rough cuts only and not on the sub clips?  This is with the latest 2017 update. could there be a bug in this update causing the issue? One other note. When I am playing back the sub Clips in Prelude, I see the audio displayed in each of its corresponding channel meters on that channel. when I play back a rough cut, the audio is metering on channels 1 and 2 only together as if it is dual mono.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Hi CRLV167,

I confirm there is some problem in this workflow.

We are looking into it.

For workaround: As you mentioned please send roughcut to Premiere Pro and Export in H264.

Keep writing for any query or problem.

Thanks

Nikhil

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround to get these uploaded tonight, I sent the rough cuts into Premiere and then exported from there again using the same exact settings. The audio comes out just fine going this route. It does appear that this has to have something to do with a bug in Prelude. One other note. Issue happened on a Mac and a PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI CRLV167,

Thank you for writing us

We are looking into this.

Please let me know few things:

> Are you creating Roughcut using Multi channel settings or it is on default settings."Enable audio master channel setting" is enabled or disabled.

Please check this setting inside menu

Edit > Preferences > Roughcut

> Format of your preset in encoder, to convert audio into Mono.

Thanks

Nikhil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is on default setting. Audio master disabled. Encoder settings are H264 based on YouTube 720. The only thing changed is the audio is set to Mono and I have added an overlay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CRLV167,

I confirm there is some problem in this workflow.

We are looking into it.

For workaround: As you mentioned please send roughcut to Premiere Pro and Export in H264.

Keep writing for any query or problem.

Thanks

Nikhil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response. Possibly unrelated to this issue but also in Prelude, we do have to relink our Clips every time we open the program. This happens on also either Mac or PC. The clips are real inking okay comma but we are no longer able to relink to the rough cut file created. We are having to re-create a new Rough Cut file every time we open the project. Just thought I would bring that up as well while we're looking into this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CRLV167,

Yes you are correct, currently there is some problem with relinking of Roughcut workflow and we are working on this problem already.(Work around: You can ingest already created Roughcut instead of creating again)

But it is not required to link media every time you open Project in Prelude.

To resolve this please let me know

> Current Win and MAC version

> Media Files Location( Ingested from Local or Network location)

> Prelude Version

Thanks

Nikhil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the late reply. 

>Windows 7, Mac 10.11.6

>Ingest from network location

>Prelude 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources