Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Child domain with different name servers

Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have registered our company domain with an external domain registrar. Let's say this is example.com. We are using the "ns1.worldsecuresystems.com" name servers for this domain (as well as ns2 and ns3). I would like to have a subdomain "staff.example.com" with a different name server (this is the name server for a dynamic IP address service). The domain registrar says that this is up to the main name server (worldsecuresystems). Is it possible to do this?

TOPICS
Going live

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not do it that way then if you not hosting emails with BC.

Just point the A-record for the domain to BC and run anything else you need accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are hosting emails on the main domain with BC. We want the child domain to be handled by a different name server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your pointing all traffic to BC and management there. So the whole lot.

So think about what that means - You have your answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know it's possible for other name server providers to do what I'm asking. The question which has not been answered yet is whether I can do that in this Adobe service. All I'm after is a "yes you can, here's how" or a "no you can't".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines