• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR complains about camera raw version when opening photoshop

Participant ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to the latest version of LR, PS and Camera Raw. Now when I am in LR it complains that PS does not have the most recent version of camera raw....specifically the 9.10 version.

In PS  when I go to help -> about plugins -> Camera Raw it says I have 9.10.0.739 version installed

The CC app say I am up to date with everything

I should not be getting this error or having this issue. What can I do to resolve this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

We have identified this issue as bug after the Lightroom 6.10/2015.10 update. You can put a check mark on "Don't show again" and select the option "Open Anyway" as a workaround for now.

Lr ACR update warning.png

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EMC_ckranz,

Have you tried restarting your machine after the update installed?

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

twice now and still get the error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update the ACR again using the below download link and check if that helps.

Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will continue to check tomorrow after a  another restart, but the initial install did not seem to prevent the warning dialog in LR from appearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have identified this issue as bug after the Lightroom 6.10/2015.10 update. You can put a check mark on "Don't show again" and select the option "Open Anyway" as a workaround for now.

Lr ACR update warning.png

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh, oh. Downloaded and reinstalled ACR and now Photoshop CC will not open a Canon RAW image at all. Not from Lr, not directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dewisant,

Please remove the Photoshop from the applications, restart the machine and reinstall it from the Creative cloud desktop app.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered the same problem today . In addition when i edit an Image in Photoshop then save back to Lightroom then none of the changes are visible . Will try to remove Photoshop and reinstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select render from lightroom in the warning dialog your changes will not be immediately visible when saving back but you should see the icon about the file has changed and be given the options to save current or import your file settings from disk. Choosing to import from disk will bring in your changes made in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. Must select "Render in Lightroom." Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue as above. And when I select open anyway, it still doesn't work. I'm running Camera Raw 9.12 and LR CC. I would appreciate any help. I'm getting a bit frustrated that I can't open 2 images as layers in PS to make some adjustments. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you're using Camera Raw 9.12, but have you also updated LR to CC 2015.12?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh just checked and no I'm running LR CC 2015.10. But when I go to updates it doesn't show that I need to update it. Where do I updated that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had that problem too.  If you go to the Adobe Creative Cloud app, and then the gearwheel button and "updates" doesn't show the update, then try logging out of Creative Cloud and logging back in again.  That's done it for me in the past. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not help. Still says up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a constant and perpetual problem that the Adobe staff says isn't a problem. You might try disabling your antivirus software while you try to manually download and install the update from this website:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

You will find the update under the heading, "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6". You only need the .12 update. The one update will handle BOTH Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks will try that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another thing you might consider doing is reinstall the Creative Cloud app itself. There has been an update in the last few days. If you don't remember getting that then perhaps your Creative Cloud manager isn't being updated as it should be.

Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's like they released the updates without actually testing them first?  Same issue here.  Noted to ignore until update released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here as well.  Isn't there any "fundamental" testing done before release to make sure

that something this basic does not happen?  Seems to be something obvious to check to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would certainly think so. But Adobe has become so big and developing so many different things that it seems to have become extremely difficult to keep a handle on everything. I know, that is a poor excuse. But I know from being a developer of a sort in the past that it is easy to overlook little details as changes are being made. A simple change in one area can have a domino effect throughout the program. Believe me, I'm not making any excuses for Adobe. I'm just saying that the kinds of mistakes that are being made are very easy to overlook if extreme care isn't being taken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear what youre saying but being a big company means you have a responsibility to test something as simple as these kinds of things.  I mean it happened immediately on both my computers after updating.   This is overall minor considering the massive slowdown issues we're discussing in another thread but still.   Expect more.  Also, starting to deeply looking in to CO 10 now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to me, the bigger the company the greater the expectations. Look at Microsoft. I got this huge update last night that took forever to install and it screwed up my whole system. It took me a while to get things sorted out again. It isn't just Adobe. The companies have all these great things that work for them on perfectly configured computers that are designed the way they want them. But that isn't the way everyone's computers are designed. There is no perfect world in computer design or software design. So we live in a world of compromise and it's the user who has to put up with the most compromise, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines