5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2017 2:29 PM by DesignLife

Uploading my website works in BC but not in my FTP host site

DesignLife

I just updated an entire website, and also created a tablet version. Now, when I upload the site to the FTP host domain, I get nothing but the browser fill. A dialog box comes up saying that "some files may be missing or incorrect, try clearing the cashe and try again". I tried that, but nothing is working. The site works just fine in the BC test site.

Signs and Banners /print-a-sign

Signs and Banners /print-a-sign

Thank you

• 1. Re: Uploading my website works in BC but not in my FTP host site
          fotoroeder Adobe Community Professional

This question comes up very often. Did you search in this forum for this certain issue? There might be some answers.

• 2. Re: Uploading my website works in BC but not in my FTP host site
            ankushr40215001 Level 7

Please try to clear all the files uploaded on your host side and reupload the site.

Let us know if that works.

Regards,

Ankush

• 3. Re: Uploading my website works in BC but not in my FTP host site
              DesignLife Level 1

HI...thank you for your help this morning. However, I hope that someone at

Adobe can look into this problem. A web tech guy that owns the GoDaddy site

was able to look at it, clear the cache and all files, and have me upload

again to the site. It still did not work. He had a backup of the old site

and restored it for me.

I had tried to upload the old version of the site too, with the new version

of Muse. It did not work...the result was the same. You could only see the

background browser image. Even though the site works in BC, it will not

upload correctly on GoDaddy. The web tech is doing me a big favor by

restoring the old site, and he says he will also set me up with a test site

through the same server with GoDaddy for us to try and detect the problem.

He might be able to do this in a few days when he has time, but it is a big

favor.

He did say that it might have something to do with permissions, but he was

still unable to make it function. He mumbled something about the site have

commas in strange places and files missing....

I am now scared to update any of my websites with the new version of Muse.

This was a very serious issue that I was very lucky to have this web tech

guy helping me with.

I hope to hear further word from Adobe about this soon.

Thank you,

Julie Zuka

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 12:55 PM, ankushr40215001 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 4. Re: Uploading my website works in BC but not in my FTP host site
                ankushr40215001 Level 7

Hey Julie,

I understand your concern and sincerely apologize for your frustration.

We are still in process of removing this bug, however, lets try to see what is it causing your issue.

Can you please ask the tech guy to create a new folder of your GoDaddy host with all the permissions and reupload the site?

Regards,

Ankush

• 5. Re: Uploading my website works in BC but not in my FTP host site
                  DesignLife Level 1

HI..

I think he was looking at all that. I don't think he has time right at the

moment, perhaps in a few days he said he could create a new test site for

me to upload and he might see what the issue is. He did me a great favor

already by restoring the old website. I don't know this guy, he is a

relative of my client.

Right now, the main site seems to be OK, but it doesn't show up on an

iphone.

Perhaps someone at Adobe could upload my site to a test site on GoDaddy,

and see what the problem is.

Hope to hear more from you soon,

Julie

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 11:24 AM, ankushr40215001 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>