Surprised no one's answered this. I don't do retouching that often, though.
1. 4 years? I can't remember offhand. It was when Photoshop went Creative Cloud. I was using Photoshop Elements for a few years before that.
2. Maybe pro? I don't wanna toot my own horn here. I know the Layers panel, adjustments, masks, etc.
3. Kind of an enthusiast with some freelancing.
I have been using Ps since 1 year now.
I would put myself in the intermediate category....still a long way to be a pro.
I am a professional graphic designer and visualiser working for an ad agency in Delhi(India).
My favourite kind of work is making social media creatives for various brands.
You can even take a look at my behance profile.
I had bought an HP Scanner, which came bundled with a Lite version of Aldus Photostyler. I registered it,and when Adobe bought Aldus, they sent me a copy of Photoshop 3.0, and the Just-Released 4.0 a few days later.
Since then [Digital delivery after CS2]:
After all this time, I would say I'm intermediate but confident around Photoshop. There's always something new to learn.
Like Warunicorn, I am an enthusiast with some freelancing. I spent years as a wet-lab darkroom tech, and was fascinated by what the "DIgital Guys" in the lab did, but they were always very secretive about how it all worked. After a few years I worked at a place where I did the retouching, on some software one step from Microsoft Paint. They wouldn't allow Photoshop on premise (probably licensing issues). I would think of my Photoshop at home and shake my head.
I am retired now, and mostly work on my own stuff, landscapes and city-scapes (many of which are panoramas).
1. I've been working in Photoshop on and off for about 7 years, but day-to-day for about a year and a half now
2. Whatever skill is between intermediate and pro. I always feel as if I might have reached pro, until I see a lesson or tutorial showing me a whole new set of skills or workflows I never knew about
3. I do, i'm a lead graphic designer. Editing photos is less common than creating graphics in my position, but I try to include it as much as possbile
4. Photo manipulation and composition, by far. Creating scenes comprised of separate images and photos