Thanks for writing to us.
I need your help to further investigate this issue.
So can you please share with me following details:
1. What latest version of InDesign, you have faced this issue with?
2. Can you please let me know if you are working with file saved\placed on network location..
3. It would be really very helpful; if you can share your file with me.
Please share it at firstname.lastname@example.org
I created a new doc this morning, and for the first time, It did not crash.
Still, I found one that is still crashing InDesign in my Archives.
1. The latest version I encountered the bug was with CC2017.1
2. I work locally; no network location.
3. I just sent you a file over DM.
Thanks Jolin!!! for sharing your asset...
I am able to reproduce the issue. I am investigating it further, will update further.