Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color change a T-Shirt

Participant ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Using After Effects CC 2017.  (I have the original clip in Premiere CC 2017, but figure that AE would give me the most options....)

Below is a link to the short clip:

Yellow tshirt'

I have a few very short sequences where I need to match the color of a solid yellow Tshirt (and solid yellow baseball cap)

The clips were shot on two different days with two different cameras.

In the example below the first couple of shots have less saturation of the yellow then the final shot -- where the person is with the Robot.

I would like to mask the area because in another shot there is a person in the distance wearing a similar yellow color.

So I guess I am looking for...

Masking a short clip using the pen tool --- and then applying either a color change or a more elaborate color correction --- just to affect the shirt and cap.)

Thanks!

Rowby

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

I am not sure you need to leave premiere. This is under secondary color correction and the Lumetri effect has a great tool for isolating an area by color in Premiere (or Ae). a rough mask could subtract other areas if needed or cut out just the area you want. only if you need a more refined roto process then I would use Ae if I wasn't using it to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure you need to leave premiere. This is under secondary color correction and the Lumetri effect has a great tool for isolating an area by color in Premiere (or Ae). a rough mask could subtract other areas if needed or cut out just the area you want. only if you need a more refined roto process then I would use Ae if I wasn't using it to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines