• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling down images with light border

Enthusiast ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a chance that Adobe removes the slightly light 1px border around images when I scale down an image

on a transparent layer. The light border is annoying. This side effect did not occur in earlier versions, indipendent

of different scaling methods.

THANK YOU.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did the border get created. You could try selecting the layers transparency. Contract the selection by a pixel or two. Invert the selection and clear. Its best not to create the border in the first place.

Capture.jpg

Sizing and masking to aspect ratio is a good way to go.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 300dpi image on a layer with a transparent background.

1. I select the image using the selection tool

2. Copy

3. New document by using the exact image size

4. Pasting the image on a new layer

5. Scaling the image down using 72dpi

=> The scaled image has a 1px lighter

border around the image

I need to scale the image up again in order to eliminate the 1px border.

It's annoying. I don't want the image to obtain a slightly lighter 1px border around the image after the scaling down process.

THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That does not happen on my machine with any version of Photoshop I have installed,  I have CS2, CS6, CC, CC 2014, CC 2015, CC 2015.5 and CC 2017 installed.  Try using menu File>Place and use the place transform to size your image for the document you working on.  Also make sure you zoom to 100% when you judge.  Viewing at any other zoom percent you are not looking your documents pixels. You may or may not see some scaling artifacts like layer edges.   Photoshop scaling is done quickly for performance at some zoom percent Photoshop scaling looks very bad. You not looking at your actual documents pixels.

Changing a document resolution to 72DPI   does not change a single pixel.  You need to resample the image to change the number of pixels and when you do that you wind up with a new resized image the original image is out on your disk and in Photoshop history.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines