• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

To Okay Samurai

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this on one of your YouTube tutorials: "Thanks for doing this video, been really helpful! Im doing a project for uni and I don't know if I have over complicated the images or not but it doesn't seem to move and flow as smoothly as yours.....like most if not all. Any suggestions?"

Im hoping this is what you meant, and not to post the CH or PS file O.o

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. What is the main issue you're facing? It just runs slow? Do you have a lot of dangle or head turns? If you turn off those behaviors, does it run any faster?

Or if possible, could you share here or DM me your .puppet file (File > Export > Puppet) via a shared link on Google Drive, Dropbox, or Creative Cloud to take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

1- What is this error.

2-Any tips to avoid dropped fames? My computer has 32g of ram yet i still get dropped frames.

Thanx

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 4.13.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the Reset Layer command on a layer by any chance? We've fixed a similar situation in the forthcoming Beta 6. But if you send us your puppet (as suggested above) we'll check to make sure. And also we can look at your dropped frames problem. Note that dropped frames when running live can be avoided by exporting a PNG sequence or dynamic linking into AE/PPro. Of course if it's actual live broadcasting you're doing that won't help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link to my creative cloud file https://adobe.ly/2p2Auzd

Its not finished yet, still needs head turns and hands but it just fells

very clunky and stiff. Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah - Unfortunately I wasn't able to download - the CH Media folder seems to be empty so no puppet is showing up. Is it possible to just send the .puppet file (File > Export > Puppet)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I've uploaded the puppet file (hopefully) https://adobe.ly/2ofeMmD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing an error message (though different from the one you posted), we'll look into that further. It's not the case I was expecting.

After dismissing the error message, the puppet seems to work fine (all the way up to 60fps). What are you doing when you see the dropped frames? Could you send a screen recording?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? I'll try do a video aand email it you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If oksamurai's suggestion of reducing the PSD file size fixes the problem for you, no need to send the screen recording. It's currently 3543 x 3543, which may be too big for your GPU memory (which is different than CPU memory).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, sorry didnt see the earlier message. I think the eyebrow is

because i haven't cropped it in photoshop maybe. Easily sorted though. I'll

try do all the things suggested, rather have it looking right and spending

a bit longer on it. I will let you how it goes. Thank you so much for your

help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that worked! It looks nice over here, just a few notes:

1. The biggest issue - the PSD resolution looks like it's 299ppi. Lowering that to the normal screen resolution of 72 should help tremendously (although unfortunately you'll need to re-import/rig your character because all the sizing is going to change).

2. The "Right Eyebrow" group for some unknown reason is way bigger than it should be. I'm really not sure what's going on here - did it maybe have more artwork earlier or got moved around somehow?

3. If you have a lot of independent and/or draggable parts, then everything is going to move around pretty crazy. So my recommendation would be to make the body and legs non-independent and keep them fixed, which should keep her firmly planted on the ground. If you wanted draggable leg movement as well you could set up a system where you swap in a new set of draggable legs with key triggers or something like that.

Hope that helps a little!

Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 11.35.40 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe guys,

I am having trouble figuring out what are the best settings to export my scene in order to retain Alpha.

When I export my scene I wind up with files that are 3 to 4 gigs for only two minutes or one minute animations which media encoder settings would you recommend?

my goal is to record my puppet in CH with alpha background, then finish it in After Effects or Premierr Pro

thanx

I have a imac os x with 32 gigs ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paco - Have you tried dynamic link? That's our best recommendation for getting stuff from CH to AE and PR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines