• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connect unable to use Powerpoint in Mac Sierra 10.12.4

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Mac Office 2016 came out, the Adobe Connect add-in couldn't talk to Powerpoint 2016.  OK, fine, I'll keep using Powerpoint 2010.

With the latest MacOS Sierra update (10.12.4) Adobe Connect is unable to use Powerpoint 2010, and I no doubt don'thave an earlier version of Powerpoint.  It would seem that powerpoint presentation capability (.pptx conversion) would be a critical feature of Adobe Connect, and this would be tested.  It's not OK to just say "Just save as .PPT, as that conversion handles embedded images soo poorly that they are illegible.  It's been almost 6 months since this trail of problems started, what's the solution??

TOPICS
Desktop application

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the issue you are facing? Connect itself doesn't "talk" to PPT, but rather allows you to upload PPT(X) files and then converts them on the server to display in Connect.

Are you getting an error on uploading to the Share pod?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Connect, when I choose "Share a file from my computer" and

then choose a PPTX file I get Image A, asking to give Powerpoint
access to "SimpleName.pptx".  This is a new message, but I'm a
team player to I choose "Grant Access".  Then I get Image B, telling

me that I am screwed.

Image A

Image A.png

Image B

Image B.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I get the same weird request for SimpleName.pptx and the same conversion warning. But all I had to do is click Proceed and it converted fine. I was using PowerPoint 2016 and the conversion was perfectly acceptable. I've seen a similar message in the Windows version and I think it's just warning you that the fancy effects listed won't work after conversion but other stuff will.

What the SimpleName thing is all about I have no idea. Perhaps they struggle with macOS's liberal attitude to filenames, allowing all sorts of punctuation and things that upsets other systems. But the workaround seems kludgey, to say the least.

Best

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines