• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PROBLEM WITH CONVERSION FROM MS WORD TO ADOBE XI

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new PC and loaded Adobe XI from my licensed disk.  I draft reports in MS Word, then convert them to Adobe before sending them to clients.  My logo is on all my Word reports.  After the conversion process, the new Adobe file has a dark shadow around my logo that can't be removed.  This didn't happen with my old computer or my laptop which has the same licensed version of Adobe XI. 

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Adobe and Word (365), which doesn't fix the problem.  When I sent the Word and problem Adobe files to my computer guy, he removed some "layers" from the file and converted it and it was fine.  Sent it back and my computer still puts the shadow on it when I convert it. 

The other problem I'm having is that updates won't work when I click on them.  That has been happening for a long time across various computers.

I've tried calling the 800 number for Adobe and going to their online chat, and neither one would help me. The chat person said the only thing I can do is pose my questions to this forum.  I don't see where I can attach a file to this discussion, or I would.

HELP!  This is very frustrating!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot attach files (other than screenshots and videos) to a question. If you want to share a file, you need to upload it somewhere, and then post the link here. Because this is a common problem, I wrote a tutorial a while ago about doing this with Adobe's Document Cloud: Share Documents via Adobe's Document Cloud - KHKonsulting LLC

Chances are that the artifacts you see around your image have to do with the PDF conversion settings. Do you remember what settings you've used on your old computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines