• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share Link: Why aren't my screens displaying properly?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ya. I am new to XD. I've created roughly 20 screens and I want to share the link with clients. I haven't added interaction to my screens yet. My understanding is that when you haven't added any interaction yet, and you share the link, XD adds a back and forward button under the screen display and people can just click through to see one screen display after another.

That's great, but :

Question 1: The screens are displayed in a haphazard order. How do I control the order of the screens? I want the screens to be presented in a logical sequence.

Question 2: The full page doesn't display. You can't scroll down the page to see the full page. It gets cut off Why and how do I fix this?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

You should not make the viewport height the same as the artboard. That's not how XD intended for those settings to work, and can lead to it scaling the artboard (as you experienced). Make the vieport an appropriate height for the width device the artboard is designed for (which should be shorter than a tell artboard). That way you can see what a user would see before they scroll. Then you should be able to scroll down to see the rest of the artboard.

Keep in mind that the preview is meant to show

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1: From what I can tell, the screen order is based on visual layout in the canvas. It starts with the top row, and goes from left to right. Then it moves down to lower rows and again moves left to right.

#2: When you select the artboard in XD there are two heights to consider:

• The artboard height (H) lets you controls the size of the area you design on.
  • Under Scrolling, the Viewport Height lets you define the height of the screen. When the artboard is taller than the viewport height, you should be able to scroll down to see the rest of the content on the artboard. If you don't see scrollbars in the preview, use the scroll wheel on your mouse (or scroll gesture on a trackpad, etc.).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, Dan. Makes sense re: order of the artboards. For the scrolling problem, I found another response in the Adobe community where the person said to adjust the viewport height under the scrolling panel so that it matches the size of the artboard. I did this and when I preview the screens, some of the screens display in actual size along with the scroll bar to move down the page. However, for other pages, it reduced the size of the screen so that it fits into view. These pages are not readable now because all the text and images are too small. I don't know why the pages are not displaying consistently in actual size with the scroll bars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should not make the viewport height the same as the artboard. That's not how XD intended for those settings to work, and can lead to it scaling the artboard (as you experienced). Make the vieport an appropriate height for the width device the artboard is designed for (which should be shorter than a tell artboard). That way you can see what a user would see before they scroll. Then you should be able to scroll down to see the rest of the artboard.

Keep in mind that the preview is meant to show what users will experience. They won't see the entire artboard at a time, they may need to scroll. Hope that helps.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines