2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2017 8:30 PM by JJMack

second post - the system said I could not post my reply to you.

konstantinosp33425324

So here is where I am at:

I have the most recent and using on a mac.

The action I did was simply unsharp mask, save then close.

When I go through all of this it seems to do the batch but the files don't save anywhere...

I also have tried the image processor and it does the same thing. Seems to do the edit then close and save files - but they are no where to be found...

• 1. Re: second post - the system said I could not post my reply to you.
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

Could it be overwriting the original files?

What are your 'Save Location' settings in Image Processor, including the two I have highlighted?

• 2. Re: second post - the system said I could not post my reply to you.
            JJMack Most Valuable Participant

It would be very helpful it you would post you action fully expanded soe we can see all the settings recorded.  The Save step should be a Save As step where you just use the file type pull-down to choose some file type like jpeg or png.  You should not make any change to the file name field when recording the action.  You want nothing the be recorded for Filename. You want Photoshop to use its default the current document name.  If you change the File Name field when you record the action that name will be recorded into the action step and that single file will be save for ever image you use the action on. When batched It will seem like the images were not saved. The all were saved into the file name recorded.

You can record the folder path the save as step and in the Batch Dialog you can use it soverride Save As step option to change the way the save as step works.