• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reseting Warps for smart objects

Participant ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2010 Chris Cox said that it was on the JDI list from someone that just ran out of time... 7 years after is there a way this can go to the top of the JDI of SOMEONE ELSE ....

Reseting Warps for smart objects.

Reseting free transform of smart object is a must and we've been waiting for too long I think ...ChrisCox​

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you start with a 'New Smart Object via copy'  (right click the layer) then you have the original to fall back on.  Does that help?

As a request, this needs to be asked in the Feedback site.  You might even get a response from Jeff Tranberry.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Chris Cox no longer works for Adobe, which is a pity as we valued his contributions to this forum.

[EDIT]  Something else I sometimes do, is double click the SO to open in new window, and then save that as a PSB file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi trevor

Thanks for the answer but in my precise case that did not really help

The 'New Smart Object via copy'  (right click the layer)

gives me a exact copy of the transformed version

and if you save the psb file it's just like reimporting the original wich is not a transform reset

Sorry for the late answer i did not get notifyed of your answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A student asked me this exact thing. Using Puppet warp or envelope distort it is possible to reset or even mask away the distortion. But the only way I have found to reset a Free transformation is to go into the smart object.
Select all layers in the PSB create a new smart object which is then transfered into the the original with "Duplicate layer". Would be great with a command to release a "Smart Object to Layers", and "Reset Transformations".

I'd be interested in any workarounds or fixes for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just use Warp, you can clear it by setting the warp to "None."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes exactly, the warp can be reset, but if you used ctrl-dragging the transform handles there is no "None" or "reset button"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines