Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethered on Lightroom 6 with Nikon D3s is not working :(

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a problem with connecting Lightroom 6 with my NikonD3s. Before I installed new system on my Mac - El Capitan 10.11.6, Lightroom 6 and any other Lightrooms are not working wit my Nikon. Before that - everything was working great!

I tried also many other programs like sofortbild, Camera Control Pro and nothing works. I read all instructions on Lightroom web what I should do to maki it work, like restart everything, connect camera before I turn Lightroom on, download new software to Nikon, but still nothing work. Guys in Apple service can't do anything, they have tried every possibility but still not working.

Anybody knows what could I do?

Please help! I don't won't to buy new laptop to make this program work

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

This was fixed quite a few Lightroom versions ago. The El Capitan update broke nikon's tethering SDK (a 32-bit issue I believe) which Adobe uses and Nikon took a very long time to fix it (even though the public betas and warnings from Apple had been out for months) before Adobe could implement it. They did eventually fix it quite a while ago and current Lightroom versions can thether Nikon cameras on the latest Mac OS versions.

Why go go to El capitan instead of straight to Sierra?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update your lr (6.10) is the most recent version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was fixed quite a few Lightroom versions ago. The El Capitan update broke nikon's tethering SDK (a 32-bit issue I believe) which Adobe uses and Nikon took a very long time to fix it (even though the public betas and warnings from Apple had been out for months) before Adobe could implement it. They did eventually fix it quite a while ago and current Lightroom versions can thether Nikon cameras on the latest Mac OS versions.

Why go go to El capitan instead of straight to Sierra?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines