Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop lightroom from doing unwanted tasks

Contributor ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two very frustrating problems:

One, lightroom is renaming my image files with a bunch of strange letters and numbers every time I import. I can't find the place to stop it and there is no documentation regarding this issue anywhere in Adobe's help section.

And Two: lightroom is opening automatically each and every time my computer wakes.  I am getting tired of having to constantly  "X" out of it.

Why is lightroom behaving this way and how can I stop it???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Filename - sounds like import filename setting. See: The Filename Template Editor and Text Template Editor in Lightroom

Lightroom opening on wake - if you haven't closed Lightroom, it will wake on wake. If you have closed Lightroom and it starts on wake, it sounds like someone set your task scheduler to run Lightroom on wake. To find out how to check this for Windows, search the net for File Scheduler. For a Mac the keyword may be "automator" - but not my area.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filename - sounds like import filename setting. See: The Filename Template Editor and Text Template Editor in Lightroom

Lightroom opening on wake - if you haven't closed Lightroom, it will wake on wake. If you have closed Lightroom and it starts on wake, it sounds like someone set your task scheduler to run Lightroom on wake. To find out how to check this for Windows, search the net for File Scheduler. For a Mac the keyword may be "automator" - but not my area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the file renaming box checked in the import dialogue, but nonetheless, they are still being renamed and I can't figure out why.

I understand that Lightroom, along with other programs that were open before will "wake" on computer waking but at least the rest of the programs remain in the background. The problem is the import dialogue box is coming onto my screen immediately after waking and I have the "auto open import dialogue with memory card" unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, there is no one here but me, so consequently, there's no "mischief" behind the scenes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Billiams  wrote

I don't have the file renaming box checked in the import dialogue, but nonetheless, they are still being renamed and I can't figure out why.

The problem is the import dialogue box is coming onto my screen immediately after waking and I have the "auto open import dialogue with memory card" unchecked.

Both of these issues can be caused by a corrupted LR Preferences file. Please follow the procedure at the below link to reset it, which will create a new Preferences file with default settings.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines